Do you have thin skin that has started to get wrinkles very early? Well, that means you have a crepey skin type, just like crepe paper. Coconut oil for crepey skin works wonders. It hydrates the crepey skin as it contains lipids, fatty acids, and emollient oils that are great for moisturization.
Crepey skin is often irritating, itchy, and unattractive. It is a skin condition that can occur as a result of either of the following factors:
- Genetic inheritance
- Environmental factors like pollution and UV radiation
- Fluctuation in weight
- Lack of proper sleep
- Alcohol consumption
- Depression and anxiety
- Lack of moisture in the skin
Apart from bio-oils for crepey skin, such as rosemary oil, lavender oil, and sandalwood oil, which are not easily available and not affordable for all, coconut oil is considered the best oil for crepey skin. You can find it easily, and it is not heavy in the pockets.
This article will go through a few tips to revive your skin using this magical oil. For this, let’s see how to use coconut oil for crepey skin.
How To Use Coconut Oil For Crepey Skin
Enriched with moisturizing ingredients, coconut oil not only reduces wrinkles on your skin but also brings out glow and youthfulness. Doesn’t this sound magical? Let’s see how to use this magical oil and how long it takes for coconut oil to reduce wrinkles.
Skincare Regime Using Coconut Oil
- Coconut oil is often available in buttery form. Take one tablespoon and rub it between your palms to provide heat so that it can melt.
- Apply the liquefied coconut oil gently to your face, hands, arms, feet, legs, and most importantly, your neck, as it tends to have the thinnest skin.
- Apply it to every dry area of your body.
- Use a soft cloth or tissue to wipe off any residue.
- It is not recommended to use cotton balls to apply the oil or to remove residues with it, because cotton balls are just too sticky, they would stick to the oil as well as to your skin.
- Leave the coconut oil on your skin overnight and wash it off in the morning with any mild facewash.
Coconut Oil With Aloe Vera
- Take one tablespoon of pure coconut oil and one tablespoon of aloe vera gel.
- Mix them properly.
- Cleanse your skin.
- Apply the mixture of coconut oil and aloe vera gel to your face or any other dry parts of your body.
- Leave overnight or for 2-3 hours and then wash off with a mild facewash.
Coconut oil and aloe vera together moisturize and plump your skin, leaving it fresh, supple, and baby soft.
Coconut Oil And Honey
- Mix one tablespoon of both ingredients in a bowl.
- Cleanse your skin properly, and then apply the coconut oil-honey mixture to your dry skin.
- Massage for 2-3 minutes.
- Leave the pack on your face for 10-15 minutes.
- Wash off with lukewarm water.
Adding honey to coconut oil increases the potential of the oil to combat the sagging and wrinkles of the skin. Honey contains polysaccharides that are important for skin health.
Coconut oil can also be used along with yogurt, eggs, and oatmeal to provide nourishment to the skin thus, giving it a fresh and healthy look.
Coconut oil is also used for removing makeup. Never sleep with your makeup on.
Now if we ask, how long does it take for coconut oil to reduce wrinkles? Remember, it is not going to happen overnight. Skin turnover takes time. Moreover, you have to use it regularly to see results. But the effects of coconut oil are temporary. You have to keep using it to keep your skin soft and hydrated.
Coconut Oil For Wrinkle Reviews
Can you get rid of wrinkles by using coconut oil? And does coconut oil tighten skin? When you use coconut oil regularly, it boosts the production of collagen cells in your body. The collagen regenerates the skin cells and therefore, is responsible for refining skin structure, plumping, and tightening the skin, thus reducing the appearance of wrinkles and sagging of the skin.
According to a few pieces of research that were conducted to see the effects of coconut oil on crepey skin, it also possesses the ability to fight skin infections.
However, in the case of coconut oil for wrinkles reviews, they aren’t very evident. However, regular use of coconut oil packs on skin has been shown to reduce fine lines and sagginess to an extent.
According to some studies, the ability of coconut oil to elevate the production of collagen is related to the fast healing of skin wounds.
Apart from the benefits of coconut oil for the skin, many people consider coconut oil for wrinkles worse. One proven disadvantage of using coconut oil on the skin is that it is comedogenic, which means it can clog pores. This often results in worsening skin conditions like acne.
The molecules in the oil are big to be absorbed by the skin, as a result, they reside on the skin thus, clogging the pores causing breakouts and blackheads. This video clearly shows the benefits of coconut oil for crepey skin.
To enjoy the benefits of coconut oil for crepey skin, it is suggested to use it in small amounts and to wipe off any extra residues from the skin. If it is used properly and regularly, the anti-oxidants present in the coconut oil slow down skin aging by delaying the appearance of wrinkles. However, the magic doesn’t happen overnight, it takes time, but it’s worth it.
- How much do makeup artists charge for travel? Everything you need to know - August 8, 2022
- How to pack makeup for travel - June 28, 2022
- Top 5 Best Travel Makeup | Reviews | June 2022 - June 18, 2022